City of Newport Beach Public Safety Agencies
The primary agencies tasked with safety for Newport Beach residents, businesses, schools and visitors are:
- Newport Beach Emergency Management
- Newport Beach Police Department
- Newport Beach Fire Department
Each of these functional areas are noted below. We encourage you to read about each of them.
City of Newport Beach Emergency Management
COVID-19 Information & Updates
For the latest information about closures, curfews and health safety, read more here.
Newport Beach Ready
The City of Newport Beach’s Emergency Management Program works in coordination with all City Departments to strengthen the City’s ability to prepare for, mitigate against, respond to, and recover from any disaster. The Police Department is the lead department to coordinate all emergency management activities. For more information about the details that compose the City’s Emergency Plan, visit NewportBeachca.gov/nbready
The City has created a specific Emergency Readiness Guide for families. Be sure to read through this informative and handy Guide and prepare your family for any unexpected emergency, including power outages, emergency communications tools and strategies for family members, and more. Read or download the Guide here.
And be sure to watch this short, informative video about the Guide.
Newport Beach Police Department
Visit the Newport Beach Police Department website NBPD.org for news and information about our important public safety personnel.
Important tools and features include:
Home Security Checklist: Click here to view or download.
Do Not Solicit Registry: Renew your request to prevent solicitors and handbills on your property. This must be done each year on or after January 1st. The Registry is available here.
Calls for Service Interactive Map: NBPD recently implemented a new map which plots out the Calls for Service for the last seven days by call type throughout the city. It’s a great and visual way to stay informed about crimes, arrests and other police-related activities. Calls for Service are updated every 30 minutes in the interactive map which can be found here.
Neighborhood Watch: Police Calls for Service List by Neighborhood
NIXLE: Sign up here for CdM News & Alerts
Important numbers to keep handy:
- Non-emergency Police Dispatch 949-644-3717
- 24-hour Recorded Crime Tip Hotline 800-550-6273
- Traffic 949-644-3742
- Graffiti Hotline 949-644-3333
- Code Enforcement 949-644-3215 or 949-644-3717 if nights, weekends or holidays
- Free Home Security Inspection 949-644-3699
Newport Beach Fire Department
The Newport Beach Fire Department is composed of 144 full-time employees and over 200 part-time / seasonal employees who provide 24-hour protection and response to Newport Beach residents, businesses, and visitors. NBFD’s functional areas of responsibility include:
- Emergency Medical Services, including the Fire Medics Program for residents
- Fire Operations (stations, equipment and personnel)
- Fire Prevention (structures and wildlands interface)
- Lifesafety Operations (building inspections, permitting, training), including Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training for residents, businesses and schools
- Lifeguard Operations, including the Jr. Lifeguard Program for teens
Here are a few quick links to help you navigate and find information posted by the Fire Department:
Here is just one example of the many programs that NBFD offers to residents. We encourage you to take a look at the short video below.